How to Create a Blog from the Ground Up With No Previous Experience: Resources I Used


Hey, y'all!

When I first started this blogging thing (which is another post altogether), I started out using a Wordpress account. After publishing a few posts on that platform I realized it wasn't for me and changed my mind. So, I officially broke up with Wordpress and moved my blog over to the Blogger platform!

For any of you blog pros groaning out there...I completely understand the differences between Wordpress and Blogger as I've worked with both and have read numerous articles on the pros and cons of each but I've decided that for now, Blogger is really what I need to be working with. I couldn't really customize my blog (to make it look "teacher-y") how I wanted to with the free Wordpress site and I don't know enough "tech" stuff to really self-host it yet with a paid Wordpress account.

I'm writing this post because I wanted to share some tricks that helped me figure everything out as I was getting started in case anyone out there is in the process of doing the same thing, or if anyone is thinking about making a blog but thinking you can't do it! If I can figure it out, anyone can! Let my research give you a jump start! I am definitely not saying my blog is a model or anything AT ALL, but my goal was to at least have a blog that doesn't look cookie cutter.  The regular templates you get from Blogger are great, but I had to do a lot of research to spruce it up!

The links below are the exact same things I read and followed to set up my blog to make it look how it does today.


Resources I Used to Design My Blog and Get Started
(in no particular order)

For things "Images" Related:
PicMonkey (free)
Pixlr (free)
Create a Watermark for Blog Images from I Teach. What's your Superpower
Side Bar Bio Inspiration and Info from Design Your Own Blog
How to Create an About Me Image with PicMonkey from AngieMakes

For Blog "Must Haves":
Make a Blog Button from I Teach. What's your Superpower
Add Social Media and TPT Store Buttons from I Teach. What's your Superpower
Add a Signature to Blog Posts from  I Teach. What's your Superpower
Add a Favicon from  I Teach. What's your Superpower

Extra:
How to add a Facebook Pop-Out Tab from from 24work
How to add a Drop Down or Subscribe Pop In from Hello Bar
How to add a Scroll To Top Button from Carrie Loves

I Teach. What's Your Super Power?






What resources have helped you create and design your blog? 


No comments

Back to Top