How to Start a Teacher Blog



Hey, y'all!

I cannot believe it has been 1 whole year since I first started this blogging journey. I originally started this blog as a creative outlet, a way to share some tips I've learned along the way as a teacher, as well as share some awesome resources I've come across. If you asked me a year ago about where I'd think I'd be a year out from starting my blog, my answer would not have been anywhere near what has happened!

Blogging has not only been a creative outlet for me, or a side hobby, but it has connected me to other really passionate educators who are doing awesome things in their classrooms. I've been able to gain great ideas, network and learn about opportunities I never would have heard of if it wasn't for this inspiring community.  Because of all of this, the the purpose for this blog has changed a little bit for me, and has become even more clear in the past few weeks.

Lately, I've been lucky enough to start talking to others in my district about starting their own teaching blogs and sharing their voice. As a result of this,  everything I've tried (successful and not so successful) with blogging has come flooding back to me. I learned all about how to start my own blog through Googling (a LOT of Googling) and through just getting started and figuring it out as I went. I've loved this blogging community so much that now I want to share what I've learned!

When I first started, I literally Googled "How to Start a Teacher" blog for nothing to come up. I varied that search some and could only find links here and there where a teacher maybe wrote about something very specific in terms of customizing a blog, but there never was a "one-stop shop" place with advice. Yes, there are TONS of resources online (especially on Pinterest) about how to start a blog and market it, but the majority of the information is geared towards businesses who happen to blog. Let's face it, teachers and teaching blogs are just different! It has led to me wanting to be very intentional and specific in how I share everything I've learned!

Every teacher has a story, a unique point of view, and has something to offer to the larger education community. Whether you have some awesome strategies to share that can help out new (or all!) teachers, you want to market your Teachers Pay Teachers products or are just looking to start a project, you should start YOUR teacher blog!

To start off, I've created an overview infographic of "How to Start a Teacher Blog". If you want to grab it (it's FREE!) , sign up here and you will receive it to your email as soon as you confirm your email. I'm currently building much more content along these lines to build upon the info in this graphic and to go even more into specifics. Join Our Community!
Screen_shot_2017-04-06_at_4.49.23_pm
Join to receive the FREE resource: How to Start a Teacher Blog!






Also, my friend, Suzi, created an ebook about starting a blog that has helped me a lot as I've grown my blog. My ebook is not finished yet, so you should grab hers here!

Questions? Reach out to me in the comments, or on social media! I'm current loving Instagram. :)








No comments

Back to Top